The first thing to understand about memes is that they are images that have been “ripped” from another source. Instead of using the image itself, the meme uses some part of the image as its own. For example, if you take a photo of your cat and you have some text that reads “cat” you could use that photo to create a meme.
There are a lot of different kinds of memes, but the common thread is that they use a visual and then add some text on top of it. The next thing to understand is that while memes are often used to make jokes and be funny, they can also be used to convey actual information. For this reason, memes are incredibly versatile. They can be used to convey facts and information, or they can be used to convey jokes and make people laugh.
Why are memes so powerful?
When you think about it, there are a lot of images on the internet. There are pictures of flowers and food, pictures of celebrities, and pictures of our friends and family. All of these images are great, but memes are different. Memes are not just images. They are based on existing cultural trends, art, and pop culture. They are also extremely relatable.
You might not know it, but every single person has had a similar thought or experience to one of the memes that have flooded social media. What makes memes so powerful is that they tap into a deep desire that everyone has: the desire to be loved and accepted by other people. People love to laugh, and memes are a perfect way to do that. They are an easy way to make people laugh and have fun at the same time.
The 3 types of memes and how they spread
- The Classic Meme: The classic meme is one where an image is used with some text that makes a joke or conveys an idea. These are the most common kind of meme and they can be spread through social media channels, email, and articles on websites like memescout.com.
- The Fan Creation Meme: A fan-creation meme is when one person decides to make a meme using a public meme. These memes generally use the public meme as a back-drop for the meme’s image and text. This is a new way to spread memes, as it does not rely on the original creator of the meme for its distribution.
- The Viral Meme: A viral meme is one that spreads through social media and then gets taken up by huge groups of people. A single person creating a meme might not get a lot of attention, but if they share it with enough people it can spread like wildfire.
How to create a successful meme
Here are 6 tips for creating a successful meme:
- Make sure your meme is clever and funny.
- Don’t just create a meme and then hope that people like it. Share it with your friends and see what they think is funny about it.
- Don’t primarily focus on getting views on your meme. Share it with friends and see if they like it and share it. Like and comment on other people’s memes.
- Be active on social media. Comment on other posts, like other posts, and share other content.
- Keep your meme fresh. memes get stale pretty quickly, so make sure that your meme is something that people haven’t seen before.
- Don’t just create your meme and then expect people to share it. Share it, comment on other people’s memes, and see if you get any reactions from doing this.
In this article, I have explained what a meme is and how they spread. I have also explored the 3 types of memes and how to create a successful meme.
Now that you know what a meme is, you should be able to create some of your own. You should also know how to spread memes on social media channels and how to keep them fresh. Learn more>>>